As I mentioned, there's still a lot of work to be done. Here's a brief synopsis of what's left:
- Receive the official referral documents translated into English. (+/- 2 weeks)
- Submit the I-800 application to the USCIS for final US approval (+/- 4 weeks)
- Await Article 5 permission to travel (+/- 2 weeks)
- Travel to Colombia (+/- 2 weeks after permission received)
- Meet the children and complete legal adoption (+/- 5 weeks in country)
- Return home with our new daughter and son!!!
I wish I could show you the pictures of these beautiful children but I haven't received permission to post them yet so you'll just have to believe me when I tell you they're beautiful!!!
We are so grateful for God's guidance and provision throughout this entire journey. It's been amazing to see how He's worked the details, even in having us start with Mexico and end up in Colombia. (That's another story for another blog.) It's been longer and more expensive than we thought, but through it all He has sustained us and demonstrated His care with amazing examples of provision and support through His children. And we know He will complete the work He started in us!
Thank you for praying for us, supporting us and encouraging us in this journey. You are a part of this life-changing experience of God's adoptive love!